Friday, February 4, 2011

Patchwork progress

I have finally made some progress on my patchwork project from last year: 


I was given a jelly roll which was great as I was trying to use old shirts, dresses etc and it was taking ages to get anywhere! Then I looked for quilts I liked and was inspired by a coin quilt from moda bake shop.


Here are the jelly roll pieces (24) all sewn together and then cut into 5 strips.
Added white strips between.
Added white to the ends. 
I patiently waited for the red fabric to dry.
I didn't want it to run onto the white when it was all finished
The red dried and I added the last border. It is now on the old sleeping bag to check size...
PERFECT!
Now to finish it tomorrow fingers crossed :o)

2 comments:

Deb said...

The quilt look so nice and I can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Secret Hippie, how talented are you!