Saturday, October 9, 2010

The man is on a roll! Scarf Display and Holder

On top of fly screens (post below), Pooh has cleaned off the most gorgeous old ladder, I think it was his grandfathers (just over 100 years old) for me to hang my scarves and wraps on. How delicious is this! Handy too, I forget what I have when they are in a drawer.




I should add I've got a talented family, the painting was by Mum, it's the church of St John the Baptist, 1846 in Tasmania and the candle holder was via blacksmithing son, also the blacksmithed shelf holder and eldest son thicknessed and shaped the timber shelf.

7 comments:

Annabel brinkworth said...

This is great. What a lovely room as well. My search ladders begins! Thanks for sharing it.

Mimi said...

Oh I LOVE that idea...can I steal it :)

Tan said...

Lovely room Piglet! Im Tania from Simple Savers. My Mum and Dad were married at St John the Baptist in 1966, it's now a B&B!

Secret Hippie said...

Ballet Mama, you may!

Isn't that a hoot Tan!
Now it's a B&B, I didn't know that!

Denise said...

Another one off to search for a ladder . . . :-)

You have done a wonderful job with your home!

Secret Hippie said...

Thank you Denise :o)

Kristine said...

Leave it to you to come up with such a creative & beautiful idea! I love the family history too. It makes it all the more special. The other decor is gorgeous.