Monday, August 16, 2010

Jam melon and ginger jam

Inspired by eldest efforts, I have 1kg of jam melon, 300g ginger and 1kg sugar sitting overnight waiting to be jam tomorrow :o) I hope it is as successful as Eldests!


The inside of a jam melon.
Here's it all chopped up with sugar.


I kept the seeds of course! Next years jam melons :o)


I've got this large so you can see the moisture that is formed from leaving it over night.

Bring to boil for 10 mins and wait for fruit to go clear-ish then add juice of 6 lemons and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Boil 10 mins until it sets on a saucer in the fridge. I decided to put the bamix (stick blender) through it too puree it a bit, I thought it was a tad chunky, I thought it would break up more. Bottle. This made 4 250ml jars. and here they are.. TA DAAA!


No comments: